On May 25th, 2000, Looking Glass
Studios closed its doors. The makers of intelligent first-person, story-driven
games would no longer give us such immersive and harrowing experiences as we
found in System Shock and Thief.
Shortly thereafter, a group of designers, artists, writers, and audio talents
joined to form TTLG's Dark Engineering Guild. If LGS wasn't going to make
another Thief game, someone else would have to...
ION Storm (Austin), under the watchful eye of Warren Spector, has since begun
production on Thief 3 (Thief: Deadly Shadows) and released it on May 26th, 2004.
Now with its own story to tell, the Dark Engineering Guild has remained hard at
work on T2X:
Shadows of the Metal Age...
Based on the critically-acclaimed Thief series, T2X is an unofficial expansion
building on the technology that made Thief 2 a classic with critics and fans
alike. More than 60 artists, designers, writers and programmers from the gaming
community have contributed their talents to realize a fresh new Thief
- Thirteen full-length missions take the action through city streets and rooftops, ancient tombs, hotels, museums, cathedrals and more in a gripping tale of vengeance and deception
- Ten new weapons and tools provide the means to evade, outwit, and out-fight your opponents, as well as bringing unprecedented levels of emergent gameplay to the Thief series
- Hundreds of new models, textures and sounds: 3000 lines of new dialogue
- Four beautifully-rendered cutscenes and twelve new briefings in the original Thief style
- A new main character with a fluid, immersive narrative that grips the player until the last scene
Although T2X is loader-independent, it is still necessary to have a
fully-installed, patched version of Thief 2 in order to run it.
All other questions, concerns, and comments may be directed to
There is also a public-access IRC channel for those interested, and it can be
found on irc.starchat.net at #t2x.